Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Final#2 Six Monocular Depth Cues

We read about the six monocular depth cues and learned about how our eye sight looks in a three dimensional viewpoint. We learned in details about the six cues and I found these examples in second life in meshmoon.
In this screenshot, I found the monocular depth cue Occlusion. Occlusion is when an object is blocking abother object. I circled a black horse standing and blocking the view of brown horse. 

In this screenshot, I found the monocular depth cue Lighting and shading. I circled the part that is white because of the light coming from the window reflecting and the near is grey. 

In this screenshot, I  found monocular depth cue size difference. i circled the tree infront of me and trees further away. This shows the size difference on how the same tree is much larger when viewed close and then when viewed far away. 

In this screenshot, I found a monocular depth cue texture density and that is when you can really see the texture of object when you are close to it but when a distance is far, the texture seems more dense and not vivid as the one up close. i circled the texture of floor up close and when you look furthur away, you can only see the color of the block and the texture you cannot see. 

In this screenshot, I found the monocular depth cue atmospheric perspective. This is when an object is viewed and is different than other objects because of light traveling through the atmosphere causing it to be different color. So I circled as the light seems to distinguish the color of the sea. 

In my last screenshot, I found the monocular depth cue of linear perspective. When I look at parallel lines and they start to become narrow as the distance increases and eventually vansih. In this screenshot, i circled the pathway and how it narrows as the distance incresases. 

This is me learning about the six different monocular depth cues and finding an example of each on the virtual worlds that we have worked in. 
It is a final exercise from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College. The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics. For details, visit the immersive BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc  





No comments:

Post a Comment